Building Maintenance Person
|REPORTS TO:||Building Facilities Manager|
|SALARY||$39,546.00 – $46,527.00 /year|
|HOURS||37.5 (may include evenings and weekends)|
The Building Maintenance Person (BMP) provides required and preventative maintenance services on buildings and grounds for BSCS buildings at locations: 10116 105 Ave, 10112 105 Ave as well as at Ubuntu and YCSP sites (1-2 days per month). The BMP will be proactive in creating a comfortable, safe and clean environment for community members, staff and program partners. Occasionally the BMP will provide supervision and direction to the Janitorial team in the absence of the Building Facilities Manager.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Building Care
- Works with the janitorial staff to ensure building cleanliness and OH&S compliance.
- Provides limited direction to janitorial staff:
- Inspects the perimeter and interior of the building and brings any issues to janitorial employees or the building facilities manager.
- Stays in regular communication with the janitorial staff to address concerns as they arise.
- May be required to respond to building emergencies (floods, damage etc.) after regular work hours
- Building Maintenance
- Responsible for compliance with all fire department, safety and other regulatory requirements that relate to the BSCS buildings.
- Responds to maintenance and emergency needs as they arise in a timely fashion.
- Repairs and maintains building equipment and appliances as needed and supports Building Faciliteis Manager to coordinate repairs with outside contractors as needed
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance
procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
- Plans and constructs smaller building renovations
- Stays in regular contact with program managers, Building Facilities Manager and the Director of Operations to identify building-related renovation needs.
- Helps develop a renovation schedule with the Building Facilities Manager and Director of Operations.
- Plans and builds smaller renovation projects on site.
- Replaces broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and closets; installs window blinds Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs drywall; paints building structures and other miscellaneous repairs and maintenance tasks as needed
- Works with Building Facilities Manager to identify larger renovation project options.
- High school or trades school certification
- WHIMIS and First Aid
- Specific OH&S training is an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s License
Skill, Abilities and Attitudes
- A strong commitment to upholding the values of Boyle Street Community Services.(see a list of the values at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to work in a respectful and customer-centered manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in building construction or renovation or related trades.
- Good project management skills including planning and scheduling.
- Experience working in a customer-oriented environment.
- Able to prioritize projects.Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Building Maintenance in the Subject line on the email. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about the position.Closing Date: November 10, 2017
- To Apply: