|JOB TITLE||Customer and Community Relations Specialists – 2 positions|
|REPORTS TO||Bank Manager (Operations)|
|SALARY||$18.40 – $20.50/hour|
|HOURS||This is a PART TIME position with the possibility of moving to FULL TIME; up to 30hrs/week|
Boyle Street Community Services has partnered with ATB Financial to provide a suite of financial and banking
Services for the inner city community. To facilitate this process we require Customer and Community Relations Specialists (CCSR) to ensure that community members can access financial services that they have often been marginalized from. The CCSR will be a community member’s first point of contact for customers seeking financial services. This role requires a motivated and confident individual with a passion for creating outstanding and memorable customer experiences for our community.
A key priority for this role will be to build relationships with community members to establish accounts and process agency transactions with efficiency and accuracy. CCRS will offer proactive financial information and build financial literacy through one on one coaching and connecting community members with experts. CCRS will facilitate the use and access to financial products and services offered by the Agency to ensure that community members can establish various degrees of financial independence. Additional responsibilities include contributing to the operational requirements of the Agency and ensuring appropriate risk controls, as well as, completing administrative tasks as requested.
Please note as part of the recruitment process, a credit check with a minimum score is required.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide face-to-face core-transactional banking services to customers in a manner that supports exceptional customer service and builds trust with out community
- Have conversations with customers to establish customized banking services that best meet the customer’s needs
- Give tailor-made information and education around financial products to ensure customers have a comprehensive understanding of their banking options
- Generate excitement around financial literacy and encourage customers to participate in literacy events
- Provide support and encouragement for customers to help them reach their financial goals
- Follow best practice policies and procedures on all administrative and operational activities
- Process cash and clearing transactions
- Ensure Agency assets are properly safeguarded, premises and equipment are maintained, and sensitive and confidential documents are properly controlled.
- Post-secondary qualification or certification in business, administration, social services or other relatedconsidered.
- fields is an asset. Candidates without a degree but who have relevant and related experience will also be
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- A strong commitment to upholding the values of Boyle Street Services (see a list of the values at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/)
- Translator – communicate in an easy to understand manner, taking into consideration appropriate forms of communication (i.e. face-to-face, email and telephone)
- Connector – Proactively connect yourself and others to the people needed to move forward and make
- Yourself available to others who may need you
- Hungry – You have clear objectives for your work, by creating timelines, evaluating what information you will require and how you will overcome expected obstacles
- Collaborator – You will readily partner with others inside and outside the organization
- Committed to self-improvement
- Flexible, cooperative and demonstrates the desire to work within a Team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing, often demanding, sometimes traumatizing environment
- Able to achieve and maintain good self-care
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment and innovation to their work
- Able to plan and make decisions in a timely, organized and appropriate manner.
- At least 2 years’ Customer Service experience
- Experience working in banking/financial institutional settings is an asset but not required
- Knowledge of and experience working in non-profit sector is an asset but not required
- Knowledge and experience of working with a diverse multi-cultural community, including First Nations,
- Inuit and Metis cultures
- Familiarity and understanding of the challenges and drivers of homelessness, poverty and addictions
is an advantage
Work Related Requirements:
These positions will require the following:
- Criminal Record and Child/Youth Information Systems Check
- Credit Bureau Inquiry and Credit Risk Score
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Customer and Community Relations Specialists in the Subject Line of the email
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidates are Found