|JOB TITLE:||Financial Administrator|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Finance|
|HOURLY WAGE:||$20.49 – $24.10/hour|
“Despite great challenges we believe unhealthy cycles can be broken, new opportunities created and, through healing, health restored.”
Would you like to be a part of an organization that works with some of Edmonton’s most vulnerable populations and counts on the professionalism, expertise, insight, and passion of its staff to develop programs and services for the clients they work with? Join us at Boyle Street Community Services.
“We stand with our clients, side by side, patiently and for as long as they want – a constant and consistent caring force”
Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) is a values-driven organization that believes our clients are the experts in their own life. Your job will be to foster innovation with your team alongside our clients. If your values are aligned with our values and beliefs listed at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/, please consider joining our team.
This position comes with a comprehensive dental, health and drug benefits package, three weeks of annual vacation, and numerous professional development and training opportunities.
An executive financial administrator who will be responsible for assisting with funder financial reporting, budget data input, central filing, property tax exemption renewals, lease administration, and assist Director of Finance and team with other admin tasks.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate financial information from an accounting system to up to 25 different funder report templates
- Enter budget data into accounting system
- Lease administration to ensure all lease are up to date, compliance of both parties including responsibilities is in good standing and assist managers and landlords with administrative tasks around lease renewals and negotiations
- File agency’s funding contracts, vendor contracts, fixed assets files, insurance policies and any other pertinent docs for the agency
- Process property tax exemption renewals and new applications
- Completion of Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- Minimum intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Intermediate experience using Sage ERP 300
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret contracts and leases
- Excellent organizing skills and attention to details
- Able to work in a stressful environment with tight deadlines
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an Accounting role. Non profit accounting experience would be an asset
- Must be able to sit at a computer to do data entry most of the day, be able to walk, stand and lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work with noise and a little bit of dust.
Boyle Street Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the communities we serve, and are committed to engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Boyle Street Community Services welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, differently-abled, and LGBTQ2S communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include Financial Administrator and the Job ID in the Subject Line of the email. In the cover letter please state how you heard about this position.
Closing Date: January 23, 2018