|JOB TITLE:||Housing Services Manager|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Programs|
|SALARY:||$52,962.00- $62,302.50/year ($27.16-$31.95/hour)|
|HOURS:||37.5 hours/week working M-F, 8:30am – 5:00pm|
Boyle Street Community Services is a non-profit Edmonton agency which assists individuals and families challenged by homelessness and poverty.
The Housing Services Manager is responsible for providing leadership and supervision to staff within Housing Services at Boyle Street Community Services. This includes a Housing First team a 62 unit affordable housing project, and other housing related projects.
The Housing Services Manager has the responsibility and authority to create, plan, develop, manage, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of housing services and outreach within the agency. The program provides strength-based, client-driven support and resources to individuals and families living with homelessness or facing homelessness within the Housing First Framework. The Housing Services Manager ensures that guiding values of Boyle Street Community Services are upheld in all activities undertaken by the housing team.
This is a maternity leave cover position for 12-18 months in duration.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing leadership that will create and maintain a well-motivated, competent and multi-disciplinary team.
- Overseeing the management of effective systems for assessment, intake of community members, and the delivery of services to them.
- Managing fiscal and human resources allocated to the program.
- Liaising with key external stakeholders, including funders, community organizations, property owners and government entities.
- Contributing to the agency’s management team.
- Ensuring that all housing programs meet contractual targets and align with the agency’s values.
- Producing reports in accordance with contractual obligations and managing program evaluation.
- Providing leadership within the agency to create new opportunities for housing.
- Working within the agency to acquire funding to maintain existing programs and to expand housing and outreach opportunities.
- Preparing briefing notes on housing and homelessness related matters.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination with other Boyle Street programs.
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- A strong commitment to upholding the values of Boyle Street Community Services (See a list of the values at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Superior supervisory and mentoring abilities with front-line workers and supervisors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Case planning expertise and the ability, at times, to support workers with their case planning.
- Familiarity with strength-based practice principles.
- Ability to build an environment that supports a relationship-based, client-centered practice that supports community members from survival to wellness.
- Works with initiative, commitment and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage diverse teams and to provide positive leadership.
- Ability to build a healthy professional community with staff.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and in an ethical manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to manage the Efforts To Outcomes database.
- Ability to work with the greater community and various organizations.
- A degree in related field is preferred, however, candidates without a degree but who have post-secondary education and relevant, related experience will also be considered.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a manager supervising staff
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering housing and/or community-based services.
- Experience networking with a range of partners.
- Experience working within a team as well as across teams in a multi-disciplinary organization.
- Knowledge of issues of homelessness and housing in Edmonton, including an understanding of poverty, its causes and effects.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and new Canadian communities.
- Extensive knowledge of housing programs and programming.
- Comfortable working under stress.
- A valid Class 5 license and a reliable vehicle are required.
- Criminal Record and Child and Youth Information Systems check are required.
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include Housing Services Manager in the Subject Line of the email. Please state in the cover letter how you heard about the position.
January 5, 2018