|JOB TITLE:||Human Resource Advisor|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Operations|
|SALARY:||$27.16 – $31.95 per Hour ($52,962.00 – $62,302.50 per Annum)|
|HOURS:||37.5 Hours per Week|
We have a new, exciting, and challenging opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our team as a Human Resources Advisor. Reporting to the Director of Operations –the incumbent’s primary role is to provide HR support and counsel for managers and employees. This position is geared towards a client focused individual with demonstrated consulting capabilities and a proactive approach to HR.
While working in close collaboration with the management team, primary responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with the organizational leadership team to develop the HR strategy and policy for BSCS.
- Ensure all HR initiatives are aligned with the values and strategic plan of BSCS, and deliver the desired organizational outcomes.
- Support and lead BSCS as a trusted advisor and partner through negotiation and resolution on a variety of managerial, employee and organizational issues.
- Ensure the successful realization of talent planning, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, and performance management for the? overall HR environment of BSCS
- Maintain a positive employee relations environment and build strong relationships and rapport with the administration and operations team, front-line employees and leaders to provide sound advice and counsel.
- Oversee and direct the preparation of employment agreements for hires, transfers and staff changes and ensure accuracy and consistency are maintained.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable labor and employment laws and all internal process and procedures are adhered to and recommend process improvements.
- Conduct site visits as required to understand departmental needs and foster relationship building.
- Facilitate performance, teambuilding and planning sessions with managers and employees.
- Support HR initiatives designed to attract, retain, develop and engage a diverse employee group.
- Work with the Edmonton HR Cluster Group Recruitment Consultant, development and the operations team to define workforce planning needs for BSCS and develop creative developmental and talent management strategies.
- Network across the HR and broader community to build a partnership relationship sharing consistency in approach, best practice, re-use of initiatives, performance measures and opportunities.
- Assist with other HR and administrative related projects and tasks as assigned.
- Manage and support potential HR administrative team membersQualifications:
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- A post-secondary degree in HR Management or a related discipline. CHRP designation is an asset.
- A strong commitment to upholding the values of Boyle Street Community Services. (see a list of the values at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/)
- A minimum of 5 years’ of related HR experience
- Prior work in the not for profit, social/human services or related industry is an asset
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Superior communication and organization skills
- Proven facilitation, influencing skills and exceptional relationship management skills.
- Experienced coach and mentor to leaders within an organization
- A thorough understanding of employment legislation and best practices.
- Results focused with a passion for providing exceptional client service.
- Must pass criminal record check /child welfare check
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Metis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTQ communities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include HR Advisor in the Subject Line of the email.
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is Found