|JOB TITLE:||Manager of 24/7 Outreach and Support Services|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Programs|
|HOURS:||Monday to Friday Hours to be determined based on program needs – 37.5 hours/week|
The Manager will be responsible for supporting and directly supervising the Street Outreach team, Heavy Users of Services Navigators and Admin staff, 24/7 Crisis Diversion and Winter Warming Bus programs. The Manager would also work collaboratively with the Assistant Manager of 24/7 Outreach Support Services Manager to make sure programs mandates are met.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the management of the following teams and departments: Street Outreach, Heavy Users of Services, 24/7 Crisis Diversion and Winter Warming Bus programs.
- Providing direct management and monthly supervision and support to frontline staff of your teams and departments.
- Building strong, healthy, happy and productive teams.
- Overseeing and/or preparing, writing and submitting yourself, in a timely manner, all required internal and funding related reports.
- Attending and representing Boyle Street at all appropriate internal and external meetings.
- Proactively scouting for funding opportunities as well as preparing and supporting the preparation of funding applications when required.
- Building strong external partnerships with colleagues in government and the non-profit sector and exploring ways to work together in concrete ways to benefit those we serve.
- Signing off on and oversight of all expenses related to the teams and departments you manage.
- Exploring ways to expand our current services as well as opportunities to offer new services.
- Working with the Director of Programs and Finance to set and manage budgets on an annual basis.
- Briefing colleagues on internal and external emerging opportunities, issues, trends and learnings in your area of work.
- All other responsibilities as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Director of Programs.
- Degree or equivalent. Candidates without a degree but with extensive relevant and related experience will also be considered.
- Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- A willingness and desire to work by our organizational Values and Beliefs.
- Able to manage and motivate employees with a strength based approach, providing the necessary coaching and support for them to achieve their personal best.
- Able to have difficult but respectful and ultimately constructive conversations with employees if performance and/or behavior becomes an issue.
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point)
- Able to communicate effectively and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to write high quality reports.
- Able to identify and secure funding opportunities.
- Able to take risks in pursuit of innovation.
- Able to plan and make decisions in a timely, organized and appropriate manner.
- Able to work effectively as a team as well as independently.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and positively change organizational systems and processes.
- Able to make tough decisions.
- Able to delegate.
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing, often demanding, sometimes traumatizing environment.
- Able to achieve and maintain good self care.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a manager.
- Knowledge and experience of Indigenous and multicultural communities is essential.
- An understanding of poverty and marginalization and of how and why it affects those we serve is essential.
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include 24/7 Outreach and Support Services Manager in the Subject Line of the email.
Closing Date: June 30, 2017