|Job Title:||Mover/Driver Crew Lead|
|Reports To:||Youth Entrepreneurship Coordinator|
|Wage:||$18.00 to $21.00 per hour|
Boyle Street Moving Company is social enterprise, aimed at job creation for members of the Boyle Street Community. The company will provide residential moving services within the Edmonton area, apartment and small household moves. The Crew Lead will be working as a mover and driver, leading a team of 1-2 movers performing those moves effectively and professionally. The crew lead will act as the face of the Boyle Street Moving Company, will assist in costing jobs, client relations, documentation, and in training and leading new movers.
The goal of Boyle Street Moving Company is to provide viable opportunities for those youth to gain experience, take on responsibility, and move out of poverty. Therefore, the successful candidate should be able to direct, help train, and support fellow movers in moving furniture safely and professionally. Further, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate patience and understanding for the fact that new movers may be youth facing homelessness and marginalization, and face daily challenges and barriers. A desire to help youth to master the skills of the trade in a respectful, ethical, and professional manner is required.
- Working with and helping train Youth Movers (18-25 years old).
- Assist in putting together costing estimates for jobs.
- Maintain clear and complete documentation for quotes, deliveries, and safety reports.
- Pack, load, and move client possessions between residences.
- Report job outcomes to management, including incidents, and client disputes in a professional manner.
- Maintain a strong focus on safety while driving and moving.
- Ability to direct new movers on how to safely move and pack household contents without damaging them.
- Driving moving cube van (16 foot) and small trailer to and from worksites in Edmonton Area.
- Punctuality and professionalism.
- Managing time on the job, for self and crew.
- Respect and care for client’s possessions and privacy.
- Following and explaining instructions from managers and clients for moving jobs.
- Patience and respect for clients and fellow employees.
- Occasionally lead crew in cleaning out apartments, and sanitation work.
- 1-3 Years Moving/Driving Experience
- Class 5 Drivers Licence with clean driving record
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Certifications in CSTS, WHIMIS, and First Aid are an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, Attitudes, Abilities
- Strong knowledge of safe moving procedures, tools, and methods
- Familiarity with roads of Edmonton and Area
- Experience driving loaded commercial vehicle
- Knowledge or willingness to learn of youth issues, drug practices and culture, sex trade, HIV and other health issues and inner core lifestyles.
- Demonstrated strong mentorship skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to safely move and carry heavy furniture weighing up to 120 pounds
- Ability to uphold and respect Boyle Street Values
- Ability to work in an Aboriginal Cultural Context
- Strong ability to work respectfully with a diverse group of people
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include Mover/Driver Crew Lead in the Subject Line of the email.
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is Found