|REPORTS TO:||Senior Administrator|
|HOURS:||8:30AM-5:00PM for 37.5 hours/week|
Connecting children and families through shared humanity:
The Ubuntu CSD (Collaborative Service Delivery) Program is an innovative approach to child and family support, which leverages a network of partner agencies and Children’s Services to create customized supports for children, youth, and families in North East Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Ubuntu offers a continuum of culturally aligned, community-based, family and child centered services. Collectively, with Boyle Street as the lead agency, Ubuntu is one point of access to a streamlined set of services that leverages the expertise of five networks to meet the needs of our families, children, and youth. Entitled the C5 (Collaborative Five) – Ubuntu works collaboratively with Boyle Street Community Services, Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society, Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers, Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre, and Terra Centre for Teen Parents.
This position is based out of the C5’s North East Hub – 14023 Victoria Trail.
The Receptionist position provides timely and accurate contact to visitors to the Ubuntu Children & Families Program. As one of the first individuals that visitors and families meet at the Center, the Receptionist models the values of the agency through a friendly, compassionate, and professional manner.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Receptionist will provide timely and accurate contact to visitors by:
- Greet visitors and answer basic inquiries about the Centre, services, and/or refer questions to the appropriate staff
- Answer and direct incoming calls during office hours, taking messages, screen calls and refer inquires to appropriate agency staff
- Present a calm, friendly, and professional manner with visitors and callers and request assistance to deal with non-routine or crisis situations
- Ensure that families and visitors alike feel comfortable and respected
- Build positive relationships with children, families, and community partners.
- Ensure there is an up-to-date information on the community and Centre services
- The Receptionist will support technology by:
- Operate the multi-line telephone and voice mail system, i.e, programming features and setting up new voice mailboxes, as well as providing technical support to staff
- Assist with the ordering of technology for new staff
- Maintain an up to date staff directory and sharing it with partners
- Ensure the efficient operation of printer, copier, fax machine, and shredderThe Receptionist Supports Ubuntu Staff by:
- Take a leading role in the presentation of the office and taking steps to ensure the consistent cleanliness, functioning, and appropriateness of the space
- Opening and closing of the centre daily
- Maintains and orders sufficient office supplies to ensure efficient operation by the agency
- Assist with building security through the appropriate documentation and maintenance of accurate records of keys and access codes provided to staff and partners
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries; deliver outgoing mail to post box; distribute incoming mail and deliveries, monitor postage and maintain postage meter
- Provide internal and external room bookings to staff and partners in order to ensure efficient and orderly utilization
- Ensure that rooms are set up to accommodate bookings (tidied, water/coffee available, cups etc.)
- Arrange meeting locations, catering, and administrative tasks such as typing, proofreading, preparing documents
- Maintain sign out logs and inventory for program vehicle, gas card, bus passes, and gift cards
- Assist with scheduling of services for Ubuntu and partners
- Support wellness activities for staff and partners
- Monitoring and tracking referrals
- Other duties as required Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or certification in Office Administration; candidates with relevant experience may also be considered
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Works with initiative, commitment and enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to work in a respectful and client-centered manner
- Able to work in a stressful environment and deal with difficult, sometimes abusive, clients – including adults, children, and youth
- At least 1 year directly related experience as a Receptionist
- Criminal Record and Child and Youth Intervention checks are required
- Experience operating a busy multi-line switchboard
- Boyle Street Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the communities we serve, and are committed to engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Boyle Street Community Services welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, differently-abled, and LGBTQ2S communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include Ubuntu Receptionist in the Subject Line of the email. Please state how you heard about the position in the cover letter.
Closing Date: May 23, 2018