|JOB TITLE:||Streetworks Outreach Worker|
|REPORTS TO:||Streetworks Manager|
|HOURS:||37.5 hours per week|
To work in a team setting to plan and deliver program activities and harm reduction/health interventions. The position involves front-line service delivery, as well as general program responsibilities. It includes liaising with community agencies. Applicants must have a solid understanding of harm reduction as well as the ability to work cross-culturally. This is a full time position.
There will be some weekend and evening work. The development of culturally appropriate educational materials may be included.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make connections with, provide education, and support to people who use substances by injection or involved in street-based sex work as well as agencies that work with the community
- Do needle exchanges and supply distribution through the sites and the van
- Participate in committees, events, program activities
- Education for community and professionals
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- Able to work non-judgmentally within a Harm Reduction framework
- Lived experience or knowledge or willingness to learn of substance use and culture, sex trade, STIs and blood borne pathogens, and inner city lifestyles
- Knowledge of and experience in community development
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an Aboriginal cultural context
- Familiarity with local community resources (e.g. substance use, social services, justice)
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Ability to work in partnership with other organizations
- Flexibility, creativity, enthusiasm and non-judgmental attitude
- Intermediate skills in MS Office
- Ability to be involved in evaluation activities
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working in a marginalized city community is an asset
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Outreach Worker” in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: May 29, 2017