|Job Title:||Youth Community Support Program (YCSP) Assistant Manager|
|Reports to:||Program Manager|
|Wage:||$48,477.00-$57,018/year ($24.86/hr- $29.24/hr)|
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Mission: To provide community-based intensive treatment that is empowering, collaborative, and client-centered for youth and their families who have frequently accessed tertiary services without experiencing functional improvement.
Vision: To see youth thriving in supportive communities.
Philosophy: To deliver holistic support for youth recovery in a safe, respectful environment, where youth and families are included and valued. The positive identities of youth and families are supported by recognizing their skills, strengths, successes and resources.
Support front-line staff and the Program Manager in the day-to-day delivery of the YCSP initiative. Partner closely with the Alberta Health Services Care Manager to implement policy, programming, and continuous quality improvement.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Case management and/or supervision of up to 8 front-line staff.
- Provide direction and delegating tasks as required for program development.
- Work with the Manager and colleagues to ensure all contractual obligations and practice standards are met.
- Ensure that staff is able to collect data to the standards needed for reporting and for evaluation needs.
- Ensure all reporting is completed within required deadlines.
- Attend referral and intake meetings
- Review, audit, and submit staff timesheets and expenses. Communicate any concerns with time management to Program Manager to ensure effective use of time.
- Ensure all staff have up-to date training, in accordance with accreditation and BSCS standards.
- Work with partnering agencies to provide relevant training for all front-line staff
- Coordinate with AHS Care Manager to develop and implement YCSP policy and procedures.
- Provide documentation and follow-up with staff and management regarding any tasks and/or issues as they arise when necessary and appropriate.
- Notify manager when disciplinary action is required or direction is needed by the Manager.
- Maintain a positive, professional and productive workplace atmosphere for staff, providing opportunities for team building to help facilitate and enhance a collaborative work environment.
- Maintain positive relationships with agency partners, community organizations and community members (neighbors, visitors, etc.) and report significant issues/incidents to program manager.
- Assist program manager with interview and hiring processes and make sure employees are signed up for the new employee orientation training.
- Assist and work with manager in creating, developing, reviewing and updating YCSP program documentation as necessary and/or as directed by the manager.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and case conferences, intake meetings and evaluation meetings and Management meetings.
- Assist in walk-through’s and tours of the YCSP Outreach office.
- Degree in Human Services or equivalent. Candidates without a degree but who have post-secondary education, relevant and related experience will be considered.
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- Excellent listening skills, able to motivate a team; can see individual and group needs and act on them.
- A strong commitment to upholding and understand Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) policies and procedures, mission and vision statements, values and guiding principles. (See list of values at: http://boylestreet.org/who-we-are/mission-and-history/)
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Must be able to work on and appropriately prioritize multiple projects with competing demands.
- Keen understanding of the needs and challenges facing marginalized populations particularly Youth, Mental Health and Addiction issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, de-escalation abilities, and crisis management.
- Have a good understanding of harm- reduction, trauma-informed, client-centered and strength-based practices and theories.
- Experience in networking with a range of departments, partners and stakeholders, both externally and internally.
- Continually demonstrates commitment and innovation in their work.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Efforts to Outcomes or other data entry systems.
Experience and Knowledge:
• At least one year of experience in leading and building teams.
- At least 2 years of experience delivering community-based services.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Experience networking with a range of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working at all levels across teams and/or departments within an organization.
- Excellent knowledge delivering mental health programming in a community setting
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an asset.
- Criminal Record Check and Youth Information Systems check is required.Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA communities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include YCSP Assistant Manager in the Subject Line of the email. Please state how you heard about the job in the cover letter.
Closing Date: December 8th, 2017